Monday, January 2, 2012

New year, new (smelly) solution?

Whenever I'm at my wit's end, it's easy to forget times when my condition's improved. So for future reference: my skin's been clearer this past week without bathing than it has been all season, with minimal drugs and despite massive doses of probable food allergens.

I've allowed myself daily localized applications of triamcinolone acetonide creme (yea, Googled it) to treat flare-ups in small patches, but nothing close to a full upper-body coating of ointment. Seems to be under control for the time being.

A luke-warm bath this morning did irritate it a little. Might be best just to leave on that protective layer of oil and dead skin, no matter how unappealing. I bird-bath to get clean while keeping the majority of my skin dry. And it hasn't felt this soft in winter since Hawaii last year.

So in the ongoing saga of unscientific speculation I'm leaning toward stress and environmental causes, maybe even something in the office building since I haven't been there since the 22nd. We'll see how long it lasts this week once I get back into the old routine, and back at my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment